Newly elected officials to collaborate on the mission to maintain privacy, security, and trust for stakeholders across the continuum of healthcare
WASHINGTON, DC – June 22, 2023 – DirectTrust™, a non-profit healthcare industry alliance, standards development, and accreditation body focused on advancing trust in healthcare, today announced the election of three new members to its Board of Directors, as well as the reelection of a current board member. The organization also announced the appointment of several new officers within the board who will begin serving two-year terms.
The new board members, set to serve three-year terms through June 2026, include:
- James (Jim) Murray, Vice President, Clinical Informatics and Interoperability, CVS Health
- Jessica Varnell, a seasoned healthcare information technology professional, currently serving as a senior consultant with Himformatics
- Stephanie Zaremba, Executive Director of Platform Product Strategy, athenahealth
- Christopher Mack, Executive Director of Strategy and Business Development, Sutter Health (reelected for a second term)
Current members terming off the board as of June 21, 2023, include:
- Larry Garber, practicing internist, board-certified Clinical Informaticist, Medical Director for Informatics, and Associate Medical Director of Research at Reliant Medical Group
- Dan Paoletti, CEO, Ohio Health Information Partnership
- Linda Van Horn, MBA, Founder President/CEO, iShare Medical
The newly appointed officers who will begin serving two-year terms on June 21, 2023, include:
- Chair – Katherine Lusk, MHSM, RHIA, FAHIMA, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, Texas Health Services Authority
- Vice Chair –Adam Apatoff, General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer, Secure Exchange Solutions
- Secretary – Dan Soule, Vice President of Product Management, Health Catalyst
“These well-respected industry leaders and innovators will play a critical role in helping drive our mission of maintaining privacy, security, and trust for stakeholders across the continuum of healthcare and related services,” said DirectTrust Board of Directors member and Nominating Committee Chair Julie Maas, MEng, MBA, Founder and CEO, EMR Direct. “We are excited to begin collaborating with our new Board and wish to thank those members terming off the Board for their exceptional guidance, leadership and service.”
A volunteer position, DirectTrust’s Directors support the work of the organization with mission-based leadership and strategic governance. DirectTrust’s Board of Directors is relatively small and unusually active, working with the CEO on policy, strategy, industry relationships, technological advances, and the end-user experience, including consumers, families, payers, and healthcare providers.
For more information on the DirectTrust Board of Directors, visit: https://directtrust.org/who-we-are/about-leadership
DirectTrust™ is a non-profit, vendor-neutral alliance dedicated to instilling trust in the exchange of health data. The organization serves as a forum for a consensus-driven community focused on health communication, an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards development organization, an accreditation and certification body through EHNAC (the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission), and a developer of trust frameworks and supportive services for secure information exchange like Direct Secure Messaging and trusted, compliant document submission.
The goal of DirectTrust is to develop, promote, and, as necessary, help enforce the rules and best practices necessary to maintain privacy, security, and trust for stakeholders across and beyond healthcare. In addition, DirectTrust is committed to fostering widespread public confidence in the interoperable exchange of health information while promoting quality service, innovation, cooperation, and open competition in healthcare. To learn more, visit: DirectTrust.org.